Snacktime! Healthy FIlling Snacks for 200 cals
You’ll need to pick up a copy of “The SparkPeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight" to access the recipes, but we will share some sneak peeks this week—and you can easily add recipes from the cookbook to your SparkPeople Nutrition Tracker, too!
In recent years, dietitians, doctors, and researchers have rethought the “no eating between meals” rule. Snacks are important, especially when you live an active life or are trying to lose weight. If you go hours on end without eating, your blood sugar will drop, your stomach will grumble, and you’ll start to get grouchy—and you’ll ultimately eat your way through whatever’s in the kitchen. Eating every few hours keeps your hunger levels down so you can control your appetite and prevent overeating. Healthy snacks help keep blood sugar levels in check and keep your energy up.
Just a few well-timed bites have a big impact. That’s why we included so many snack tips and recipes in “The SparkPeople Cookbook.” It’s almost snacktime…
- Creamy, Tangy Tomato Bruschetta (141 calories)
- Tabbouleh (179 calories)
- Multi Grain Roll with 1 tablespoon each peanut butter and all-fruit spread (205 calories)
- Coach Nicole’s Fresh Guacamole with baked tortilla chips and 1/2 cup cucumber slices (206 calories)
- Baked Sunburst Fries with Spicy Yogurt Sauce (176 calories)
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans with 1/4 cup dried cranberries (191 calories)
- Caramel Popcorn with 1/2 ounce dry-roasted peanuts (199 calories)
- SparkGuy’s Best Trail Mix (158 calories)
- Berry Oatmeal Bars (159 calories)
- Tomato Jam on 1 slice whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese (183 calories)