Crispy Tofu Spring Rolls with Spicy Miso Dressing
These spring rolls are crispy and delicious. The salad greens and edible flowers came from our garden. This dish might seem like it’s all about presentation, but the flavor is sooo delicious. It’s the kind of dish where you take bite after bite and go “Mmhh… mmmh, oommigod….this is so good!” That’s what I said anyway. My husband said, “Mmh, these things are ridiculous!”
I used sprouted organic tofu because corn and soy are two of the most likely crops (in the U.S.) to be GMO’s. So, I always try to buy organic corn and soy products to avoid becoming a science experiment. Eat it Monsanto.
Here’s how to make these springy spring rolls:
Wrap firm tofu in a kitchen towel and press as much of the the water out as you can without crushing it. Cut into strips, and then divide those in half. Marinate in 2 tblsp organic soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly grated ginger and garlic, 1/2 tsp mirin or honey, salt and pepper.
Wash and spin salad greens, gently wash edible flowers, grate carrots, julienne cucumbers.
Blot the marinated tofu pieces with paper towel. Dust with rice flour. Fry in a skillet with a little peanut oil until crispy and golden.
Dip rice paper wrappers in hot water one at a time till they soften. Reserve to a plate.
Working with rice paper wrappers can be tricky. Keep a dish of cold water nearby, dip your fingers in it and sprinkle it on any parts that stick to themselves. Lay a wrapper flat on a plate or cutting board. Place the salad greens on one side, with the crispy tofu, carrots, and cucumber. Place the edible flowers face down on the other end. Roll the veggie side toward the flower side. Try to roll tightly without tearing the rice paper. Slice in half and keep going until you use up all the ingredients.
Serve with miso dressing and red chili paste, garnish with more edible flowers. I used nasturtiums.
For the miso dressing: Whisk together 1/4 cup white miso paste, 2 tablespoons cold water, 3 tblsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tblsp sugar, 1 tblsp honey, 1/2 inch of fresh ginger grated, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup peanut oil, 1/2 tblsp sesame oil, 1 tblsp tahini paste, 1 smashed garlic clove, and fresh ground pepper. Or just buy bottled miso dressing.
Happy Easter, Happy Passover and Happy Spring!
163 Notes/ Hide
- riannanana likes this
- 2n2isfive reblogged this from delishytown
- thousandsofjills likes this
- verblife reblogged this from delishytown
- starryeyedfitlife reblogged this from delishytown
- stardustfox likes this
- rosabc reblogged this from sigalrose
- spookywalkers likes this
- michmichbearcat likes this
- mysterepiquant likes this
- myhotfood reblogged this from delishytown
- mylenn reblogged this from delishytown
- kunzya-craykoo likes this
- helenmarieb likes this
- tylerhrabe likes this
- food-is-my-true-love reblogged this from delishytown
- bisousxxbisous likes this
- mabledream likes this
- idreamofroma likes this
- sincerelybebe likes this
- soymilkdr1nker reblogged this from delishytown
- buenavistasupperclub likes this
- pinkbbc likes this
- yamahachild reblogged this from delishytown
- afoodjourney reblogged this from delishytown
- starrymidnightskies likes this
- oscarey likes this
- palatialxregalia likes this
- dr-shephard reblogged this from delishytown
- lisamoto likes this
- recgaleana reblogged this from delishytown
- lizzysimmons likes this
- afuckingfoodblog reblogged this from foodyouwanttoeat
- vagene2 likes this
- foodiheart reblogged this from delishytown
- sigalrose reblogged this from delishytown
- thisoneandthatone likes this
- beforesomeoneseesthesmoke reblogged this from delishytown
- healthodyssey reblogged this from everydayodyssey
- recgaleana likes this
- renaultdunoir reblogged this from delishytown
- lilmanza likes this
- j-blas likes this
- 1218cc likes this
- jdonaa likes this
- strawberriesandrice reblogged this from foodyouwanttoeat
- foodyouwanttoeat reblogged this from delishytown
- meucanivetesuico likes this
- joewasafish likes this
- porcelain--princess reblogged this from delishytown